1. Pacific Business LLP, DBA Modern Guesthouse & Apartment Living, (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”), being fully aware that Private Information is extremely important for the privacy of our Customers, shall ensure that all people working for our comply with all applicable laws, regulations and in-house regulations to respect Customers’ Private Information and make every endeavor to protect that information;
2. The Company, in order to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for the protection of Customers’ Private Information protection shall implement certain in-house regulations, procedures and rules;
3. The Company shall only use Customers’ Private Information for the purpose of the room rental process. Further the Company shall not disclose or cause to be disclosed to any third party Private Information provided by a Customer without the Customer’s consent or justifiable cause.;
4. The Company shall, appropriately and with the standard of care expected of a prudent manager, control, manage and keep safe the Private Information of our Customers and shall implement safety measures in order to prevent loss, destruction, alteration or inappropriate dissemination of the Private Information;
Published October 27th, 2006
Pacific Business LLP
TREATMENT OF PRIVATE INFORMATION
1. Use of Private Information Provided by Customers:
The Company shall not use Private Information provided by a Customer for any purposes other than that for which the Customer provided the information;
2. Shall an occasion arise whereby the Company desires to use a Customers’ Private Information for a purpose other than the purpose designated at the time the Private Information was initially provided, for example, advertising and promotion of the Company’s services, the Company shall obtain consent from the Customer prior to disclosing or dissemination the Private Information;
3. Disclosure or dissemination of Private Information to a Third Party:
Private Information provided by a Customer shall as a general rule not be disclosed or provided to a third party with the exception of where a circumstance set forth in this paragraph applies:
· Where there is the consent of the Customer;
· Where it is necessary to prevent loss of human life, injury or damage to property and it is difficult to obtain the Customer’s consent;
· Where Private Information is disclosed to a commissioned party for use as previously designated by the Customer;
· Where information is disclosed to financial institutions to the extent necessary to allow credit checks or card processing for payments of goods and services as requested by the Customer;
· Where disclosure of Private Information is legally required by judicial order or application of law, regulations or ordinances;
· Where there is an assignment of operations for reasons including but not limited to, sale of the Company, mergers, acquisitions, or assignments of business;
Dependent on the settings of a Customer’s browser, cookies may be refused or a warning that a cookie has been received will be displayed. In cases such as these the use of the Company’s website may be limited through non-availability of personalized functions.
The Company does not accept any responsibility for guaranteeing the security of Customers’ Private Information with respect of websites that are accessed through links posted on the Company’s website.
Customers’ Private Information is protected by SSL encryption. Please note that where an SSL non-compatible browser is used or Firewall or other similar protection devices are installed, some pages may not be accessible from the website to the Customer.
For Customers under 18 years of age, Private Information should only be provided with the consent of a legal guardian.
The Company may amend this policy or its in-house regulations for the purpose of providing greater protection of Private Information or in accordance with changes to applicable laws and regulations.